Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 6 (a day late)

This week I'm all messed up because today feels like Monday, since yesterday was a "holiday!"  So...I am a day late with my half marathon training report.

This past weeks was not great.  I got some runs in - but they weren't as good as I would of liked.  I got in 11.63 miles.

6/29/10 Run ~ Lake to Lake Trail ~ 3 miles ~ 12:22 pace
This run felt GREAT!  I did it in between two big thunderstorms and when I finished I was on top of the world!

7/01/10 Run ~ Neighborhood ~ 2.3 miles ~ 15:13 pace
This run felt like a chore.

7/02/10 Run ~ Around Coe Lake ~ 2.33 ~ 13:47 pace
I did this while my boys had swimming lessons and it felt pretty good.

7/04/10 Run/Walk ~ Lake to Lake Trail to Duck Bridge 4 miles ~ 15:30 pace
I felt slow.  I wanted to run the entire 4 miles, but it was hot, humid and I started to feel awful so I had to walk some of the second half.

As for my weekly goals - I accomplished one; running 4 days during the week.  But, I didn't accomplish running 4 miles without walking, so that will be added to this weeks goals.

So, my goals for this week are:
  1. Run 4 mile without walking.
  2. Run 4 times with week, with no run less than 3 miles.
I think I can accomplish these.

Ok...in other things, I am excited about a few blog posts that I am planning to do this week.  Lately, I have had a hard time figuring out what to write and my posts have been not as good as I would like.  BUT, recently I have had some great ideas swirling around in my head and I think I am getting back on track.


Recent Comments