A week or so ago, a neighbor stop by around 8:30pm in the evening. He told my husband and I about a flower in his backyard. The Night Blooming Cereus is a unique plant that blooms one time a year, at night, and the flower only last one night. I was incredibly intrigued, so I grabbed my camera and headed over to witness this bizarre moment, compliments of Mother Nature.
And, about 45 minutes later, the flower had changed drastically...
Isn't it simply stunning?!!? Truly, a moment of brilliance!
This experience got me thinking more about moments of brillance - specifically of the human-kind.
While, the Night Blooming Cereus is bold, obvious, and beautiful, I think that our moments of brilliance are more subtle and quiet. Consequently, I think we have a hard time recognizing and celebrating our brilliance.
When is the last time you...
- Pushed through a challenging moment and saw the glory on the other side?
- Acted upon an inspired idea?
- Authentically shared yourself and built a connection with another person?
- Saw and encouraged the beauty and strength in someone else?
- Saw and encouraged the beauty and strength in yourself?
- Opened yourself up to new ideas, thoughts, and ways of doing things?
- Believed in and stood up for yourself, despite the fear of rejection?
- Failed, but continued to pursue and persist?
- Purposely stepped out of your comfort zone?
- Paid it forward?
Each of those times (plus many others) are your Night Blooming Cereus moments! Moments where you showed and shared your beauty, your strength, and your gifts.