Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Inner Wisdom - Nuggets of Goodness.


As I have mentioned, I am doing an at-home course called Inner Mean Girl Reform School.  One of the last lessons I did was about incorporating a "Daily Practice" into my routine.  When I first heard about this, I wasn't so sure.  But as learned more, I realized that I pretty much already had a "Daily Practice", I just hadn't thought about it as such. 

Most days I find time to take a bath.  Some days I use it to energize myself to start the day and other days I find myself needing to soak away my stress in the middle of the afternoon or evening.  One piece that I realized was missing from my "Daily Practice" was making a conscious decision to take time, pause, and find a connection with my Inner Wisdom.

So I have been trying to incorporate my Inner Wisdom into my bath time.  Recently I have closed my eyes and asked "What does my Inner Wisdom want me to know today?" and I have been pleasantly surprised about my insights.  Some of the nuggets of goodness I heard include:
  • "Pauses move you forward."
  • "Sometimes, the silence of thought, is good."
  • "Love your body, it takes you places."
  • "Each day is a new day, each hour is a new hour, each moment is a new moment.  You get to choose what to do with each."
  • "You are changeable."
I find it curious that my Inner Wisdom speaks to me in third person...perhaps I need to better identify my Inner Wisdom as the core of who I am...  Interesting.  I am going to have to think about that?!...

Anyway, another thing about my Inner Wisdom, is that she has a theme song.  And, I find this very amusing, yet incredibly telling.  Every time I have a chat with her, in the background of my brain, I hear The Eagles, A Peaceful Easy Feeling (with a few words changed)

"I've got a peaceful easy feeling, and I won't let you down.
Cuz' you're already standin' on the ground."

So today, I am thankful for the peaceful easy feeling and strength that my Inner Wisdom gives me.
My Inner Mean Girl Reform School posts include:



Recent Comments