Monday, June 14, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 3 & Motivation

This past week was hard.  My week was crazy with the boys having their last week of school and related activities, plus getting ready to host a family luncheon on Saturday, and unfortunately the first thing that I dropped was running, and the second thing was eating healthy.  So needless to say, I lost a bit of my mojo!

Yesterday, I found some of my mojo and went for a run in the park, while the boys were my biking "pace cars" for the 2.3 miles.  And this evening, I went for a short run - only about 1.5 miles - but nonetheless, I got out there. 

I find myself struggling with motivation to simply get out and run.  So I decided to look for a few quotes for inspiration and here are three that "spoke" to me.

Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, “Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?”
- Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Movement is a medicine for creating change
in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states.
-Carol Welch

It's not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
– Anon

What words inspire and motivated you?

Recent Comments