Monday, June 28, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 5

My Half Marathon training continues...
This week, I logged 11.69 miles.

6/22/10 Treadmill Run
3.02 miles 13:34 pace

6/23/10 Rocky River Reservation Walk
3 miles 16:00 pace

6/26/10 - Neighborhood Run
2.3 miles 13:15 pace

6/27/10 - Lake To Lake/Bagley/Front Run
3.37miles 13:27 pace 

And, I accomplished the goals I set for last week. 
  • For my first goal of running 3 miles without walking, I did better than I expected!  I accomplished it two times!!!!!  YEAH me!  The first time was on the treadmill at the gym, and then yesterday evening, in between thunderstorms, I ran 3.37 miles!  I was THRILLED!  For a moment during that run, I felt "IT" - that "Yep, I know I can do this!" confidence and 13.1 miles seemed possible!  THAT was an amazing feeling!
  • My second goal, of getting a stretching routine, I accomplished...but just barely.  Last night, I did a google search and found a series of stretches for runners that I liked.  Now I just have to use it.
And, since the goals worked so well for me - I am going to set goals for this week.

Goal 1:  Run 4 miles ~ No stopping to walk.
Goal 2:  Run at least 4 times during the week.

And to close...last Tuesday I mentioned that I joined Weight Watchers (again) and after one week of counting points and being more conscious of what I put in my mouth, I lost 4.4 pounds.  And if you'll indulge me for a vain yet quick celebration ....WOOOHOOIE to ME!!!!!!! 

Thanks ;)


Recent Comments