Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jury's Out on the Plethora of Joy-Inducing Activities

So I am back on board with my joy-inducing activities.  But the jury is still out if this experiment is working. 

During the first week of February, I would have said unequivocally that joy was added to my life.  By simply having the intention of adding joy to my life, made me happier and "lighter".  And the activities were an added bonus!

But throughout this past week, I am not so sure.  When the activities did not feel joyful, I felt discouraged and the lack of joy felt magnified.  Then, as I "fell off the joy-inducing activity wagon" and life happened, I wondered if this experiment was all just a waste of time.

I don't know how I will feel at the end of the month.  We'll just have to wait and see. 

Until then, here is my joy-inducing activity update:

Friday brought a clean house and a clean closet.  And I am not so sure that I felt joy - but it did feel good to have it done!

Saturday it was Flowers on the Kitchen table that made me smile.  And, gives me hope that, perhaps, spring will arrive soon?!!?
 
And today is a wonderful mani and pedi.  While enjoyed it, it would have been more fun if I would have planned ahead and invited a friend or two.  
 
I am looking forward to tomorrow and the beginning of a new week and more fun, joy-inducing activities!


Recent Comments