Monday, May 24, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Day 1

Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed.
~Charles Schulz, Peanuts

So today I did it...I put one foot in front of the other (mostly jogging with a little walking) for 1.5 miles.  And I am sure that the ground felt needed...maybe even a little bruised...cuz' I didn't feel very light on my feet. 

Oh well...no one said it had to be pretty!

The bad news: 
13.1 miles feel like a    L    o    n    g    way to run!
Note to self:  take it one day at a time.

The good news:
It felt good to start this new adventure!


FYI:  I do NOT plan to post about this half marathon every day - that would bore the socks off me and, I'm guessing you too! So my plan is to have posts related to the half marathon just on Mondays. It'll help keep me accountable - and perhaps it might interest someone, anyone...

Recent Comments