while I was gone I was given 2 wonderful blogging awards and I am honored!
HONEST SCRAP AWARD
S'moly Bonkers!!!! I received...I am blushing...the Honest Scrap Award from Nolie at Nolie's Place.
I was curious about the award and wanted to learn more. So I did a little research, and while I didn't find out where Honest Scrap Award originated, I did find that it is meant to be awarded to "Bloggers who put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul." And to that, I am overwhelmed!
There are rules for this award. Which are that I must post 10 Honest Tidbits about myself and pass the award onto other bloggers.
1. I am considering doing a half marathon in October 2010 - but I hate to run. EEK! (should I do it?)
2. For a short time after college, I worked night shift on a cleaning crew at my hometown movie theater.
3. For the past 20 years I have struggled with my weight and body-image issues.
4. I love to organize things...but I have a hard time staying organized.
5. I lived in Chicago (in the city) at the ages 23-25 and I loved the experience.
6. In high school I was in Marching Band - for 2 years I held (I played horribly, so most of the time I just moved my fingers and pretended to play) the frumpet (a marching french horn) and the last two year I twirled a flag - which I loved.
7. After college, I didn't know what I was going to do, but I planned to "get out of Ohio and never come back." While I do not live in my hometown again - I am back and have been living in Ohio for 13 years.
8. I love learning. I always strive to learn something new.
9. When I was working on a college campus, I was responsible for putting on a Maroon 5 concert.
10. Finally, at the age of 40, I feel comfortable in my own skin.
As far as passing on the award...I need your help!
While I do have a few ideas, the task of deciding which bloggers are deserving of this award is OVERWHELMING! I am looking for suggestions from you all!
Please let me know about blogs that you think are honest and deserving of this award!
I will follow up with another post listing the winners - based on your suggestions! THANK YOU!
I can not believe it...When it rains, it pours!!!! Tylaine from Just Me, was so kind to give me the Sunshine Award...again, blushing! Tylaine has a wonderful blog where she shares stories fo her life. She is a SAHM with three beautiful children that are her little pieces of heaven. Tylaine - THANK YOU!
"The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogging world.”
Of course, awards come with rules…
1. Put the logo on your blog and/or within your post.
2. Pass the award on to twelve bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and the link to the person from whom you received this award
I am passing this award on to the following bloggers...
Michelle at There Must be More to Life Than Dishes and Laundry
Emma at Toddler Awesome
Traci at 38 and Growing
Adrienne at All These Things
Liz at Eternal Lizdom
Angelia at Ameliorarion
Sharon at Sharon Nittinger's Blog
Nolie at Nolie's Place
Nicole at Chasing my Kids is my Warm Up
The Crafty Girl at One Crafty Mommy
Mary at The Mommyologist
Michele at The Professional Family Manager
Please, checkout these blogs when you get a chance!
And, again...Nolie and Tylaine...THANK YOU!!!!!!
ps... do't forget to nominate a blogger for the Honest Scrap award!