Friday, May 21, 2010

I never expected...

Before becoming a mom, I never expected...
  • the immense, overwhelming, I-would-die-for-you love that I have for my sons.
  • to be so unnerved by a tiny itty-bitty being.
  • to love my husband so much more after he became a dad.
  • that I would yearn for a mini van.
  • how much children would change and improve my relationship with my parents.
  • that the timing of my child accomplishing (or not) his milestones would, seemingly, reflect my ability as a parent.
  • all the boring, mundane, day-to-day stuff that comes with being at home with my children.
  • to know every single name of every single construction vehicle ever made.
  • that the answers are not always found in a book.
  • how much my friendships would change - in both good and bad ways.
  • how much whining and fussing grates on my last nerve.
  • the judgements others have about how I mother.
  • to feed them so many chicken nuggets and PB&J sandwiches.
  • that potty training would be so frickin' hard.
  • how much breastfeeding could hurt.
  • how wonderful it is to slow down and see the wonders of the world through their eyes.
  • to yell and nag.
  • the joy of watching all the aha moments my boys experience.
  • to hear my mom coming out of my mouth.
  • that I would not be completely fulfilled by motherhood.
  • that they would teach me so much about myself and life!
Now it's your turn...what did you not expect?


Recent Comments