Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bucket List - doesn't every blogger need one?

One year ago, for fun, I wrote a wrote my "Bucket List".  I am really good about starting lists like this, but not really good about following through and completing items.  In fact, typically, I will a list and then promptly file it in "safe place" to never think about it again.  Recently, while brainstorming about blog topics, I remembered the list and, miraculously, found it!   So I decided to review the list and see what I had accomplished, what I would add, and perhaps most importantly, post it here giving me some accountability.

I should note that I believe this list fluid.  If I am no longer interested in accomplishing an item, I do not feel guilty about simply dropping it and I also plan to add items as my interests change.

So, here is the list of things I would like to do before I die (the items I completed I crossed out, and the items I want to accomplish in the next year, I highlighted in green).
  • Visit 50 states by time I am 50 - currently I am at 40 states.
  • Triathlon
  • Write a book
  • Try rock climbing
  • Take a painting class
  • Volunteer on a regular basis
  • Travel for 1+ month(s) family trip across the USA - on the docket for summer of 2013.
  • Join a book club/group - Currently reading 1st book!
  • Go to the UP, MI
  • Drive Pacific Coast Highway
  • Ride in horse & carriage w/Jeff in Chicago
  • Eat breakfast for dinner
  • Create artwork or photos to hang in house
  • Research family tree
  • Owen’s 1st year scrapbook
  • Put together digital scrapbooks of recent years 2006-present
  • Go to a movie at least 4 times a year - 1 down, 3 to go.
  • Travel via rails
  • Make wine
  • See a show on Broadway
  • Stop biting nails
  • Drive a long trip (5+ hours) with boys by myself
  • Loose 40lbs and keep it off
I'm sure there are other things I would like to do...I'll have to periodically revisit this list to make changes.
What's on your bucket list?
 

Recent Comments