Friday, April 23, 2010

A message from the Tooth Fairy.

This regularly scheduled blog is momentarily being interrupted by an important message from the Tooth Fairy.


Hello Moms and Dads, Boys and Girls:

This is your friendly tooth fairy and I have some very important news. I, like many of you, are concerned about the current state of our economy. Folks are unemployed, homes are in foreclosure, and we are in the middle of a recession. Times are tough, and while I feel fortunate that I am still gainfully employed, I am struggling. The return on baby teeth is not what it once was. So I need to make a change.

Last week, after visiting one little boy’s pillow, I found a note that gave me a wonderful idea!
Less is more! 
I am tired of giving away all my earnings in quarters, dollar bills, and yes, at times even five and ten dollar bills, for one lousy tooth. This fairy’s got to eat!  (not to mention saving for my retirement - I’ve been doing this gig for way TOO long!)

Here is my inspiration:

"I lost my tooth and I cant find it.  Please bring me a nickle."

So, from now on, for every lost baby tooth, I’m giving out nickels.
Shiny silver nickels!

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Sincerely,
Your Tooth Fairy.






Recent Comments