Saturday, April 3, 2010

March Lessons Learned

Wow, it's already April! How did that happen?


In the spirit of this being a purposeful journey, each month I am taking the time to reflect back and take note of the lessons that I learned.

In March, the lessons I learned are:
  1. That judgments, guilt, and beating myself up are detrimental. When I judge others, take on unnecessary guilt and have unrealistic expectations I am not only negatively impacting myself – as a mom and as a woman, but I am contributing to an environment that perpetuates such destructive behavior for all moms.  (I learned that: here, here, and here)
  2. It is vital to be honest about our feelings, perceptions, and experiences of motherhood. When I am honest and open I feel less alienated and alone.  (Enlightenment happened: here)
  3. Sometimes it is important to just stop and have fun!  (Fun times: here, and here)
  4. It’s not as scary as I thought to “put myself out there!” In fact, I feel stronger and more confident because of it!  (Confidence builders: here, here, and here)
Yeah! Cheers to March!
What did you learn about yourself this past month?


3 comments:

Adrienne said...

great reflections and fun keeps the world spinning on its axis correctly

Unknown said...

You're inspiring me to reflect...& someday get the courage to "put myself out there" too. I'm getting there baby step by baby step.

Tylaine said...

It's a process but I think I'm learning to spend more time with my kids and let the cleaning go (which is hard being a little bit of a neat freak) Cleaning will always be there but the kids won't always be young! I can't believe how much I can relate to the things I've read from you. I wish I had the courage though to change things like you are. You're Awesome!

Recent Comments