Thursday, April 15, 2010

CreAtiViTy


Today's Thanks for Thursday is all about CREATIVITY!

Earlier this year, I wrote a post about creativity, and I decided to finally do something I had always wanted to do.  So in March, I started taking a ceramics class.  For 2 hours, once a week, I got to escape for the realities of whiny preschoolers, toy clean up time, and bedtime rituals. Every Tuesday night, I took off and got gooey, messy, and happy.


The first night of class, I was shown the basics of hand building – pinch pots, coils, slabs, and was then set free to CREATE!
Create, from pliable, squishy clay to a painted, glazed and fired piece of…art?
I could make whatever I wanted…

TA-DA!
Doesn't everyone needs a new pencil jar?!!?
I’m happy with it :)


And, at Tuesday night's class…I got to throw a bowl on the wheel!!!!!!
Yep, just like on Ghost – except, not nearly as romantic.
But fun, nonetheless.

So, today I am thankful for CREATIVITY!

Recent Comments