Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finger pointing...

I'm not sure why, but I have been thinking about this quote recently.

"When you point your finger at someone, three fingers are pointing back at you."
~Anonymous

I guess I need to look at the blame I am placing on others...

READER NOTE: An Aha moment is in process.

Like, perhaps, yesterday, when I was ranting and raving in anger, frustration and guilt, about how annoyed I was by the shenanigans of my 4 and 5 years olds.  I was hating the whining, screaming, non-listening that was going on. 

And I was MAD!  Because, of course, THEY were the cause of my unhappiness. 

Or, were they?

Aha!  A nice slap of humility.  That was SOOOO about me!



Here are other thoughts that I found incredibly insightful!

"Yes, there are times when something is legitimately not our fault. Blaming others, however, keeps us in a stuck state and is ultimately rough on our own self-esteem."
~Eric Allenbaugh


"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy."
~Wayne Dyer

Who did you last blame? 
Perhaps, was it yours to own? 

Recent Comments