Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Paradox

Have you ever felt misunderstood? Are there times, when you express yourself, but yet it seems that very few people “get it”?  Or perhaps it is that I am, just now, beginning to "get" this about myself.  Whatever the reason, since this has been swirling around in my brain for a while now, I think it’s time to put it into words.

In this blog, I am open, honest, and share about challenging times – times when I feel raw, confused, sad, and vulnerable. I confess my weaknesses. I may sound very vulnerable, pathetic, delicate, and fragile. And, at times, I do feel those exact ways.

But, that is not who I am.

In fact, I suggest the opposite – a paradox, if you will.

Because I am weak, I am strong.

Let me, again declare (if only for myself):  I. AM. STRONG.

I am not afraid to face my weaknesses. I am not afraid to look into myself and recognize that I can be wrong, misdirected, hurtful, and mean. For, I am human and I am flawed. Fortunately, I am also driven to analyze myself, and learn and grow from my errors. I choose to face my blemishes, instead of ignore, deny, blame, or dismiss them. I do this so that I can become a better person. A better me.

When push comes to shove, I am confident with who I am. And, secure in all aspects of me – even the unattractive parts. I am not afraid to be ME – out loud!  Each time I click “publish” I am confident in what I have written and know that what was sent out, into the vortex of the internet, is an honest reflection of me.

I do, however, realize that the perceptions of my writing are yours to form.

I am just asking that you consider (and for me to remember), that what might seem weak, may actually be strong.

Thanks.
 Today I am participating in Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday hosted by Shell at Things I Can't Say.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

love this...we all have to be confident who we are even with our flaws...you sound very secure and happy with who you are and that is wonderful...love the picture too...did you do a triathalon? way to go!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing!! Truly wonderful!

Life Without Pink said...

I need to be a little more confident in myself....good for you!

Shell said...

I LOVE this post! Yes, you are strong! And you described very much how I feel. :)

Thanks for linking up!

mama2lilev said...

Thanks for those words of encouragement! I love this post!

Tylaine said...

Great Post....That's so wonderful you've grown so much!
You look great in that pic.!
P.S. Could you send some of that confidence my way :)

Eternal Lizdom said...

Amen. I think we all have vulnerabilities. A blog is a great palce to lay them out. I've certainly poured my heart out before and realized that maybe my point wasn't clear when I read the comments. But then I go back and read what I wrote again, thinking about those comments... and I can see what they are saying. And then I get to do some fun learning and growing, too.

Laurel said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I loved reading it and I adore the picture.

Unknown said...

This is so true...What some see as a weakness may actually be a strength. It's all in how you use it to your advantage and if you can realize the weakness and turn it into a strength.

Traci said...

You are woman and I hear you roar! An excellent post. I certainly understand the paradox!
:-)
Traci

Brooke said...

love love love love love love love love....(okay you get the point) this blog.

you are where i am, yet also where i want to be. because in most ways i'm unashamed. but occasionally, that little pathetic girl in me squeeks out.

now its time to go see what other pearls of wisdom you have on this blog...

Recent Comments