Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Friend!

Today is a good friend's birthday! We met in Childbirth Preparation class. On the first day of class, her and her husband walked in the door, and I thought, "We could be friends!"

Since then we have shared our lives together. Together we experienced the trials and tribulations of being first-time moms and supported each other through our pregnancies with our second children. We have cried together and commiserated about the lack of sleep, mommy guilt, being the “Worst Mom EVER”, and all of our frustrations about motherhood. We have celebrated birthdays, new homes, potty training successes, full nights of sleep, and happy hours.
My favorite part of our friendship is that were can be REAL! She does not expect me to be someone I am not and I do the same for her (at least I hope I do). Because of this we have learned to appreciate and laugh about our differences. And, although (and maybe because) we are SO different, I can not imagine the last five years without her friendship. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LJF and thank you!

And LJF, perhaps it IS true,
maybe we WILL miss these times!

Do you have a good friend like this?

1 comment:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Happy belated birthday to your friend! It's funny, I have a friendship similar to yours... it's a group of three of us, and we met in breastfeeding class! We've been friends for the past 18 months now, and their friendship is invaluable to me!

I see you've got a SITS button on your blog, so hello there, SITSta!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Recent Comments