Friday, March 26, 2010

Lost-ness

I found this quote...

"It is good to feel lost... because it proves you have a navigational sense of where "Home" is. You know that a place that feels like being found exists. And maybe your current location isn't that place but, Hallelujah, that unsettled, uneasy feeling of lost-ness just brought you closer to it."
~Erika Harris

And I think it sums up perfectly how I felt when I started this blog.  I decided that through writing, reflection, and actively stepping outside of my comfort zone, I could better find my way "home". 

What do you do to get un-lost?




6 comments:

Tabatha said...

Hey Kim... Love that quote! and ya know I have to get away and write to get Un-lost or sometimes i slip away into a book... to get LOST from the UN LOST!!... :) Thanks for sharing Have a fantastic weekend!

Jen said...

I like this quote very much! Actually, to get myself unlost sometimes, I just have to look at my children because where ever they are is 'home'.

Jen said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I stopped by from SITS to say hello and welcome. :)

Eternal Lizdom said...

I sing. Specifically, I sing in prayer- and I often find answers through the music. Or at least end up feeling centered and grounded again.

Unknown said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

I feel very much the same about my blog...although I don't think I'm as far along in the discovery process as you are. My girls are 2 & 6 months, so give me a few years & maybe I'll have the time to re-figure out who I am!

Alison said...

Wow Kim! I love that quote.. I need to put that somewhere so I don't forget it.

Taking a shower sometimes help me feel un-lost lol. Simple as that! It makes me feel great, and more me again. Than I head back out into mommyville but feel more like myself. Does that make sense? lol

Recent Comments